Where To Buy
Looking for fresh Gulf Coast Seafood? You came to the right place – contact us for more information on the best suppliers.
How To Buy
We want your customers to have the most flavor-full Gulf Coast Seafood available, so when it comes to buying, these tips will help you select only the best:
- Look for firm and shiny flesh when purchasing whole fish or fish fillets.
- There should be no darkening around the edges of the fish or brown or yellowish discoloration, especially if these areas appear dry or mushy.
- Fresh fish should have no fishy or ammonia smell.
- Live oysters may have slightly gaping shells and should close tightly when tapped. If not, the shellfish may be dead and should be discarded.
- Live crabs should show leg movement. Leg activity will lessen if refrigerated, but should still move.
- Fillets or steaks should be solidly frozen in the package.
- There should be no evidence of drying out, such as white spots, dark spots, discoloration or fading of red or pink flesh.
- There should be no signs of frost or ice particles inside the package. If ice crystals are present, the fish has either been stored for a long period or thawed and refrozen. There should be no liquid, frozen or thawed, evident in the package.
Do you have a question? Please contact us to ask.
Please click below to download and print our Gulf Coast Seafood Resource Guide Materials:
To request additional Resource Guide Materials or customized POS materials please contact Laura Werner at firstname.lastname@example.org.