- 1⁄4 Red onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 3 tbsp Light mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 tsp Seafood seasoning
- 1⁄2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Egg whites lightly beaten
- 1 pound Lump blue crabmeat drained, shell pieces removed
- 1.5 cups Panko breadcrumbs divided among cakes
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup Fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tbsp Shallots chopped
- 2 tbsp White wine vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp Butter
- Combine first seven ingredients in a medium bowl. Gently fold in crabmeat and 3/4 cup panko crumbs. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Shape the crab mixture into 8 patties each 3/4-inch thick.
- In a shallow dish, roll patties in remaining 3/4 cup panko crumbs, coating evenly. In a nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil and cook 4 crab cakes at a time for 7 minutes until golden.
- For butter sauce, combine broth, shallots and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 1/4 cup. Remove from heat and stir in butter. Serve with crab cakes.
Compliments of Fresh from Florida Gulf Seafood